Shenandoah Germanic Heritage Museum

The Friedens Church Register

Friedens Church Register

The Friedens Church Register was kept by the two Lutheran congregations who shared the church building: the Reformed and Evangelical Lutherans. It was handwritten in scripts of the 1800s by multiple writers. Most in English, but a few pages are in German.

This publication of the Friedens Church Register includes:

  • Images (photographs) of the Register pages
  • Transcription of each page into modern type
  • Translations of German pages
  • Friedens Church history
  • Lists of subscribers to Friedens
  • Debits and Credits incurred during Church construction
  • 1877 Church auction with items sold, price, and purchaser
  • Comprehensive index

This publication is a 8.5" x 11" soft-bound black & white book of about 470 pages.



The Shenandoah Germanic Heritage Museum is owned and operated by
Hottel-Keller Memorial Inc.

©Copyright 2001-2017 Hottel-Keller Memorial, Inc. All rights reserved